The Patterson Film

Sunday, June 12, 2005

.000025 ounces lighter

Yesterday I got a haircut for the first time in just over two months. I had Bozo the Clown head, or what I actually prefer to call Ed Ed the Anvil Head (when both sides can be made into points, looking like the aforementioned forge implement). Now I have pseudo-military hair (enough so that I have been asked at times if I'm actually in the service).

The odd thing is that, on the whole, I hate having my head touched, but I absolutely love getting my hair cut. I told this to my hair cutter, and he said that generally people really, really like the hairwash part the best. I hate it. It can't be over soon enough for me. Once quick wash and rinse and I'm ready to sit up again. I have no need for the second wash and the inevitable conditioner, and I can't wait to get out of that neck-holder sink. Get the clippers going, though, and I'm a very happy man. I don't understand it, and I don't expect any of you to understand it either. (Oh, and although you may infer from the first paragraph that my name is Ed, it isn't.)

2 Comments:

  • The haircut was a Good Thing. You look human again. It's very spiffy.

    And I don't know what your deal is with the whole "no head touching" thing. It's weird, but I respect your right to not like having your head touched.

    (Weirdo. Loveable, but still a weirdo.)

    ;-)

    By Blogger Merujo, at 6/12/2005 5:07 PM  

  • When are ya gonna post somethin' new? I mean, I can live off the story of your high-and-tight clipper cut just for so long, and then, I crave more.

    MORE SASQUATCH!

    MORE MINT JELLY!

    - Mrs. Piston Engine, retired

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/25/2005 12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home