The Patterson Film

Sunday, May 22, 2005

That Book Meme...

...originally found at Chaodai's site, but I saw it at Merujo's. Just want to give credit where it's due.

1) Total number of books owned?

This is tough, but I'll just say that it's over 500. Lots on the U.S. Civil War, World War II, graphic design, typography, capital punishment (don't ask), and scifi.

2) The last book I bought?

Bought simultaneously: Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything and The Elements of Style by William Strunk and E.B. White.

3) The last book I read?

Thomas B. Buell's The Warrior Generals: Combat Leadership in the Civil War

4) Five books that mean a lot to me

I'll list them, but I'm going to keep their reasons for being special to myself.

5) Bonus recommendation

I would recommend Stephen King's entire Dark Tower series. Start at the beginning. Merujo's heard me blathering on and on about it for quite some time. She's reading the series now—I believe I've gotten her hooked. I'm a bad man. Gunslingers, to me!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home