The Patterson Film

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A little culture on the train

Sometimes culture appears in the most unexpected places.

Last night on my way home from work, I got on the Red Line train to Shady Grove as I am often wont to do. As soon as the train started moving, the odorific homeless guy standing in the opposite doorway began to sing:

"I got chills! They're multiplying!"

I wasn't sure he was singing what I *thought* he was singing. But then he went on.

"And I'm looooosing control! From the pow-er...you're supplying."


And then the big finish:

"IT'S ELECTRIFYING!!!!"

I tried to bury my face in my magazine, because I didn't want him to see me failing to stop giggling. It was hilarious. It was actually so funny that I moved to the next train car at Dupont Circle because I thought I would burst out laughing any second.

As I was switching cars he followed up with:

"We take the pressure and we throw away....conventionality belongs to yesterday...."


He wasn't Frankie Valli, but he was in tune. You can't really ask for more than that.

1 Comments:

  • You seem to have very good experiences on and around the Metro (trumpet guy, Grease fan guy)... what is your secret?

    By Blogger Merujo, at 8/13/2008 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home