The Patterson Film

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Racial profiling at Subway?

I went to lunch with two of my colleagues. One is Latino, the other African-American.

I ordered my sandwich, got the meal deal, and then waited for my colleagues to get theirs. We took our meal deals back to the office, where I was surprised to find I only received two napkins. I complained to my Latino colleague, whereupon he produced three napkins. He and I began to formulate a theory of napkin-based racial profiling (the guy manning the cash register was African-American). When my other colleague finally entered the room and then opened up his meal deal, he found that he had received *four* napkins. Without any prompting, he said that we had been victims of napkin-based racial profiling. I tried to save face by telling him that he probably needed that many, but overall we just thought the whole thing was pretty funny.

The sandwich was good, though.

4 Comments:

  • yeah, to white guys racial profiling is always funny. Its not so funny to us non white guys.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/19/2008 10:23 PM  

  • Uhmmm... Anonymous, did you notice it was his African-American colleague who made the racial profiling comment? They all - black, Latino, and white, found it funny. It was about the random stuffing of napkins in Subway bags. Seriously.

    Why post anonymously? That negates the ability to have any meaningful discourse with you.

    By Blogger Merujo, at 4/19/2008 11:17 PM  

  • ROMFFLMMFAO!!!

    ...and you tell him, merujo. i am also "of color" and i found it immensely hilarious, (as you can probably tell by the dust on my back, teehee!)

    hey, squatch, you want one of my napkins??? >}^D>

    By Blogger Saphyre Skye, at 4/22/2008 9:44 AM  

  • Ehcooozme...

    I am Hispanic American, Sank Yoo very mooch!

    ---

    What was great about the whole thing was J and I waiting for Bryan and just knowing... KNOWING he would get more... When he said 'four' it was the funniest thing... ;)

    By Blogger DJ NorteƱo, at 4/22/2008 3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home